Hi there, lovelies! It's me, Claire from A Little CLAIREification, back with another easy and tasty recipe just for you! It's so hard to believe it is already August. Our kids will be back in school week after next and we'll be looking for quick dinner ideas once again just like this Ham and Biscuit Stroganoff.
There will always (and forever, amen) be a special place in my heart for Southern style comfort food and this recipe reminds me of my childhood. See below for the recipe>>>
A creamy ham mixture ladled over flaky warm biscuits? Yes, please. It's perfect for breakfast, lunch OR dinner, honestly.
In a traditional stroganoff there is sour cream and it's usually served over egg noodles, so the biscuits give this that little Southern twist and make it an even heartier meal. You could certainly serve the ham mixture over egg noodles if you prefer, however.
I have to tell you... it's SO good. As in "nom, nom, nom" good. Yes, I had to go there.
Seriously, it's like biscuits with a ham and mushroom gravy and that added sour cream really gives it such a unique flavor but it's not at all over-powering. It's just absolutely delicious and I especially love how easy it is to make.
It's pretty filling so I just added a little fruit that my boys love but you could always serve it with green beans or your favorite veggie on the side.
I hope your family enjoys this one and that you all have a wonderful rest of the Summer. When I see you again next month, school will have already started so here's to soaking in as much sun and fun as possible between now and then!
You might also enjoy:
Ham & Biscuit Stroganoff Recipe
by ALittleClaireification.com | Inspired by eMeals
- 1 (12.4-oz) can refrigerated jumbo flaky biscuits
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (8-oz) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet onion (like Vidalia)
- 1 (12-oz) package diced cooked ham
- 1 (10 1⁄2-oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt to taste
- fresh thyme sprigs for garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350* (or whatever your biscuit packaging requires)
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, onion and ham.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender and the diced ham is separated.
- Add soup, milk, thyme and pepper.
- Cook 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- While this is cooking, bake the biscuits according to package directions.
- Stir in sour cream to the ham mixture and cook until just thoroughly heated.
- Taste and add salt as desired
- Split biscuits and serve the ham mixture over the biscuits.
- Garnish with fresh thyme if desired