Made the boys Angry Birds for their Bento boxes tomorrow.
Hoping for mass hysteria when they open the lids!
I've seen these in several places on the web, but none have too much info on how to construct.
1. I took the Babybel and used a paring knife to cut a semi-circle from the bottom part of the red wax (I made sure to cut off the pull-tab, so it wouldn't interfere with the design).
2. I used the wrong side of a cake decorating tip (use what ya got!) to cut out the larger eye circles from provolone slices.
3. I freehanded the beak with a paring knife and cheddar slice.
4. I used a large cake decorating tip to cut the inner eye parts (that sounds quite medical), from cucumber peel.
5. I freehanded the eye brows with a paring knife out of cucumber peel.
6. I used the leftover wax to create the head feathers.
7. Everything is "glued" together with dabs of cream cheese.